Tuesday, May 08, 2018

Glorious New Heart (SD47)

Eze 36:26-27 "I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will keep My judgments and do them."
   The hearts of the Israelites were like stone for they only followed the judgemental part of the Mosiac Law. In the temple of God, Yahweh was seated on the mercy seat and yet these Jews were merciless.
Eg. They brought the adulterous woman for Jesus to sentence her to death by stoning. Our Lord's mercy saw the woman set free from judgment.
Hos 6:6 For I desire mercy and not sacrifice, And the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings.

Heart of Stone
2 Cor 3:2-3, 6 You are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read by all men; clearly you are an epistle of Christ, ministered by us, written not with ink but by the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of flesh, that is, of the heart... who also made us sufficient as ministers of the new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.
    Not only were the Israelites merciless, they were rebellious and stubborn (stiff-necked). Though Yahweh took them out from Egypt, He was reluctant to take them into the Promised Land lest He killed them.
Exo 33:3 "Go up to a land flowing with milk and honey; for I will not go up in your midst, lest I consume you on the way, for you are a stiff-necked people."

Reason for Circumcision
Deu 10:16 Therefore circumcise the foreskin of your heart, and be stiff-necked no longer.
    God made them suffer the pain of circumcision hoping that they would repent of their stiff-necked,  but after the minor pain they were back to their old rebellious selves.
1Pet 4:1 Therefore, since Christ suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves also with the same mind, for he who has suffered in the flesh has ceased from sin.

New Spirit produces New Heart
Eze 11:19 "Then I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within them, and take the stony heart out of their flesh, and give them a heart of flesh"
   When a Christian keeps the commandments of Jesus, our Lord Jesus will give him the Spirit of truth, then he will know the truth and the truth will set him free from the bondages of selfishness, covetousness, carnality and worldliness. With this freedom, he will be able to care and love his neighbours and also his enemies.
Mat 5:43-44 "You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you"

New Heart of Love
Psalm 42:1-2 As the deer pants for the water brooks, so pants my soul for You, O God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When shall I come and appear before God?
    Brethren, our Lord wants us to love Him just as the deer pants for water. The love of one for her beloved, just to be with him all the time and enjoying one another's presence. Our Lord is looking for this type of bride, who loves to read His love letters (Bible), keep His commandments and words, believe Him as who He is, and love one another as He had loved us by dying for us.
Gal 2:20 I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.