John 6:27-29 "Do not labor for the food which perishes, but for the food which endures to everlasting life, which the Son of Man will give you, because God the Father has set His seal on Him." Then they said to Him, "What shall we do, that we may work the works of God?" Jesus answered and said to them, "This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He sent."
Our Lord Jesus Christ told His disciples to labor for food leading to everlasting life. They are to labor to believe in Jesus Christ whom God had sent.
Brethren, we have to labour to believe Him until we go back to Him in heaven:-
1. He is our Savior - we do not need to seek salvation by good works. Our sins are cleansed by His death on the cross and we only need to repent.
2. He is the Almighty God - we do not need to worship idols or men
3. He is our King of kings - we are King's kids and are protected
4. He is our Father God - as children of God, Satan and his demons cannot harm us
5. He is our Healer - we do not need medicine nor health food
6. He is our Provider - we do not need to beg for our needs.
7. He is faithful to His word - we only need to keep our part of the covenant and He will fulfill His promises.
8. He is a God of Justice - He will reward the obedient and chastise the rebellious.
9. He is Merciful - He will always forgive those with humble and repentant hearts.
10. He keeps His Covenant - we will know how to get our desires from God for He honours His promises.
11. He is our Peace
John 14:22 "Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."
When we have problems, can we trust Him enough to allow His words to minister to us so that we can find His peace within us.
12. He loves us above All
Rom 8:35,38-39 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?.. For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
13. He guides us into all Truth
John 14:15-16 "If you love Me, keep My commandments. And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever—"
John 16:13 "However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come."
14. His truth will set us free
John 8:31-32 Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, "If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."
Faith with Works
Jam 2:26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.
Brethren, do we really believe our Lord Jesus enough (just a few examples above), that we can walk out our faith in Him. All those who love Him will believe Him and they will walk out their faith in Him. Below is an example of Christians labouring to do God's work.
Tit 2:7-8 in all things showing yourself to be a pattern of good works; in doctrine showing integrity, reverence, incorruptibility, sound speech that cannot be condemned, that one who is an opponent may be ashamed, having nothing evil to say of you.